Many of you have become plank masters! Are you are ready to take it to the next level? Of course you are! The Swiss-Ball Roll Out will do that for you. This core exercise targets a large number of abdominal muscles. Strengthening your core will help improved your posture and alleviate/prevent back pain.
(1) Sit on your knees in front of a Swiss Ball. To protect the knees you may want to knee on a yoga mat or towel.
(2) Place your forearms and fists on the ball. Your elbows should be bent about 90 degrees.
(3) Slowly roll on the Swiss Ball. Extended your body as far as you can without allowing your back to collapse. Straighten your arms. Keep your core braced and don’t allow your hips to sag.
(4) Engage your abdominal muscles and use them to pull the Swiss Ball back towards your knees.
(5) Create a goal of 10 repetitions to start, for 1-2 sets.
As you become more advanced or are ready to challenge yourself, you may consider coming off your knees and move to your toes while doing this exercise. The You Tube video above also shows slight variations of this exercise.
I challenge you this week to continue to plank each day, followed by 1-2 sets of Swiss Ball Rollout! Your back and core will thank you!